04/12/2022


Ontario well being officers are reporting 75 deaths over the span of 19 days as a result of COVID-19, citing an information catch-up, as hospitalizations and intensive care admissions declined on Thursday.

“Because of the extremely transmissible Omicron variant, we’re evaluating whether or not there’s a must replace reporting to differentiate between causal and incidental deaths associated to COVID-19,” the provincial well being minister’s spokesperson mentioned on Thursday.

Well being officers mentioned 4,061 individuals are actually in hospital testing constructive for COVID-19, a lower of 71 sufferers since Wednesday.

There are 594 individuals in intensive care, 5 fewer sufferers than on Wednesday.

The province additionally reported that of these hospitalized, 55 per cent are searching for care as a result of COVID-19, whereas the remaining 45 per cent have been admitted to the hospital for unrelated causes and are actually testing constructive for the virus.

In intensive care, 81 per cent of sufferers are admitted primarily for COVID-19, whereas the remaining 19 per cent are testing constructive however are being handled for a separate subject.

In the meantime, Ontario is reporting 7,757 new COVID-19 circumstances on Thursday, however well being officers have warned that quantity is an underestimate as a result of restricted testing.

On Thursday, Premier Doug Ford is ready to announce Ontario’s plan to gradually lift COVID-19 restrictions put in place earlier this month.

It is a growing information story. Extra data to come back. 





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *